Friday, August 24, 2007

The possibility of nothing.

Surely this was a lucid dream.

The functional Sweedish bookshelf seemed tangible enough, yet its books repeated in some obscure Fibonacci logic. Their inner text indecipherable.

Apparitions drifted by oblivious to, or perhaps simply ignoring, my presence. Some fragile pact to maintain peace in such blatant disregard for the sanctity of the private sphere.

Walls had been conveniently removed -- the creator's tacit condoning of my unannounced surveillance. Glimpses into fictional habitations.

Or was this merely evidence of that caesura between my left and right hemispheres?

I pondered all this as I sat adrift in a room sea of chairs.

4 Comments:

Blogger ShirleygoesMontessori said...

Hey Lo. I'm not sure what you're doin' on your fine friday night, but I think you should stop trying to assemble Ikea equipment and have a beer or four. Kisses, z.

Fri Aug 24, 08:51:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Just wait until you eat breakfast there, browse, and then come to the realization that it's lunch time and you're hungry. I've yet to visit another location that can completely collapse the timeline like that.

Although the first few hours of Bioshock came close.

Mon Aug 27, 09:26:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

And I thought I was being too vague there ;)

My IKEA chair is love.

Mon Aug 27, 10:44:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

You were being too vague, but galgreetscity totally decoded it for me. :)

Tue Aug 28, 05:39:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home