Monday, August 20, 2007

"And whinge and moan and diss."

A Venn diagram of fĂștbol fans and dancepunk fans would reveal an intersection set of exact one person: me.

But MLS has recklessly cast aside any semblance of strategic marketing to appease the only person still clamoring for a sequel to New Order's "World in Motion." Check out the MLS website and you can stream The Rapture's reworking of their classic 2006 hit W.A.Y.U.H. into a rousing New York Red Bulls anthem.

Is there anyway I could love this band even more?

Speaking of football, preseason has started up meaning it is once again time to lace up those virtual cleats, jockey for electronic autographs, and enlist the aid of fantasy players.

I know Mark loathes the sport and Ben can only manage two simultaneous thoughts, but perhaps there are lurkers out there who would be interested in joining our Fantasy Football league.

Last year, my spectacular winning streak ended catastrophically in the first round of the playoffs, but I am hoping that a few lucky midseason pickups will once again counterbalance my woeful lottery selections and catapult me into the cyberl33t.

So once again I ask of you: Hagan juego?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon mark fantasy football's not really about football, it's more about calling ian (or trevor) a little bitch. tell me that's not fun.

Mon Aug 20, 02:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I may not agree with your choice to play fantasy football, but I'll fight like hell to defend it.

I might play... name calling is always fun. And I'll definitely play if the league winner gets an Xbox 360. And if I'm guaranteed to be the winner.

Tue Aug 21, 08:54:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Are there any articles on how Fantasy Sports have impacted their actual counterparts?

Wed Aug 22, 05:56:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo League id # 568588

password: 1234

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

Thu Aug 23, 01:19:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

err. .

Thu Aug 23, 01:20:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

So who is playing?

Thu Aug 23, 03:12:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so far, me.

Fri Aug 24, 09:36:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

And now enters...

V for Vicktory.

Fri Aug 24, 07:47:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

t-minus 72 hours

anyone else? no football knowledge required.

Thu Aug 30, 01:48:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home