Monday, May 28, 2007

Sasquatch Music Festival, The Gorge, 05/26/07

As previously reported, 3 of your most beloved bloggers (+1) took the four hour drive up to George, Washington (it look me half the trip to get that) to catch the first day of the Sasquatch Music Festival.

My base line of comparison for music festivals is Coachella, and while I will always reserve a special place in my heart for Indio and its windmills, Sasquatch strikes me as a much more manageable experience. After arriving half-way through The Hold Steady's set we threw down our blanket on the lawn looking down at the Main Stage and chilled out for the rest of the day. No hours of standing or rushing between stages.

And the Gorge Amphitheater [amplitheater?] is simply stunning. Even while sitting through the unbearable hour long set of Citizen Cope (seriously, who listens to this shit?), I was able to persevere by staring off into the Columbia river. The winds occasionally distorted the acoustics, but the setting is unparalleled.

All in all a positive experience, and depending on future line-ups I can imagine us all making the trek again in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home