Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Death and Life of the Blog…

Obviously we’re busy people.

I started a new position at work that has made me indispensable and incredibly busy. And it has killed my ability to write for the blog. (I’d love to hear your stories of busy-ness and business.) I’m also a newlywed.

I used to have lots of downtime at work, which meant it was easy to write blog posts. But I have to have to try now.

So here’s my plan. I’m going to write three entries per week and then post them. Perhaps in a timely, schedule-like fashion – i.e. Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Perhaps not.

Three a week doesn’t sound like much. But it seems like it may be difficult.

Also, this is post number 385. Seeing as we’re a five person strong blog team, I think we can make 500 by the end of the year. If not by Labor Day. How about it.

On a related note, I’m addicted to Puzzle Quest. More on that soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Posts tend to come in ebbs and flows. But I think you have set up a good goal -- one post leads to another, as they say.

Personally, I have been busy working on an essay that I am submitting for a conference/book. Quick topic in two words (or less): Levinas and Lacunae. Nothing like that totalizing (lol! or LOLogan should I say...) world of academia to destroy all that is internal.

And I know Nell has been moving, and Ben has been busy watching every episode of Arrested Development.

Still, we have been averaging 190 posts a year. I think your post drive is attainable.

Should we get a corporate sponsor?

Wed Apr 11, 12:08:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

We really need a corporate sponsor. Or we could just whore ourselves with something like this: http://payperpost.com/

Wed Apr 11, 02:49:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I was thinking more like Puma, so I could get some new kicks.

Wed Apr 11, 04:01:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger S Goldsmith said...

i will commit to one per month starting in May. should i post more than once per month, subsequent post will be considered credits for future months.

Wed Apr 11, 07:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard nell wants to committ to at least 5 per week.

Thu Apr 12, 11:11:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Mark, tell me more about Puzzle Quest.

That game sounds awesome.

Thu Apr 12, 03:22:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home