Friday, June 09, 2006

Goldsmith's Two Cents - Æon Flux

Æon Flux (2005)

I think I was a little too young to fully appreciate the original Æon Flux series when it first aired, but I always watched it when it came on. I never totally understood the story line, but somehow it was always interesting enough to keep me from changing the channel. I liked the cartoon because of how visually interesting, imaginative, and intense it was. I didn't think the major motion picture version had a chance of doing the original justice. I was wrong.

Æon Flux totally owns. The visuals are awesome, the story great, and Æon kicks a dictator-clone's (clone-dictator's?) ass. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a better movie than The Matrix. It's like the Matrix, but pretty. Plus there's no Æon Flux 2 to blow it. Yet.

6 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Holy shit! Goldsmith in against the grain shocker!

Listen bro. I watched the Matrix with you a billion times, but I don't if even you can convince me to watch the Flux.

Maybe for Sick Boy.

Maybe.

Sat Jun 10, 06:41:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

Have I ever led you astray?

Sun Jun 11, 02:10:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

Two Words: Vincent Gallo (oh slam!)

One Other Word: Boondoggle

Tue Jun 13, 09:40:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

What?! I never told you that Vincent Gallo did anything but make me uncomfortable, and you know damn well that boondoggle is the best Jewish craft in the world.

Wed Jun 14, 04:17:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

I watched said film last night... and I have no recollection of this "story" you speak of.

Not to say it was bad... but better than the Matrix? I don't know.

But yes... it is yet another appearence of the original Mr. Angelina Jolie.

Mon Jun 19, 07:38:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

Wait... on further reflection. I do know...

It was NOT better than the Matrix. You're letting your memories of Reloaded and Revolutions cloud your judgement. Don't worry, I think you might be able to get those memories removed.

Mon Jun 19, 07:39:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home