Monday, October 31, 2005

Creative Writing 101

"SPIN: I just saw the band at Madison Square Garden. It must make you feel good that the biggest audience reception now comes during "Don't Look Back in Anger," which you - and not Liam - sing.

Noel Gallagher: Yeah. It's kind of taken over for "Wonderwall" as the anthem. It's like a hymn. To be quite honest, I sing that song every night, and there's that groundswell when it leads to the first chorus. But I think: What the fuck are all these words about? "Stand up beside the fireplace." What the fuck is all that about? And then you get to the chorus and it's "So Sally can wait / She knows it's too late / As she's walkin' on by." Where's she goin'? I don't fuckin' know. I don't know who she is. I don't know what she's doing or where she's going, but you know, her soul's slid away, and now she turns around and says, "Don't look back in anger." What? [Laughs] And "Champagne Supernova." I still have no idea how once can slowly walk down the hall faster than a cannonball."

- Spin, October 2005, pg. 42

I normally hate Spin, but the October issue actually has quite a few entertaining interviews, including this jem:

Ad-Rock (of the Beastie Boys): Video screens are the new giant dick.

1 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

Blah.

I still hate Oasis and I won't turn my back on that.

Beastie Boys suck too.

So did The 40 Year Old Virgin the second time.

Either that or it's a wicked case of the Mondays.

Mon Oct 31, 10:05:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home