Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Giants Wide Receivers and Guns, Oh My!

So most of you have probably heard about how Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg in a New York night club. And how he'll likely be charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, and if convicted he'll do a mandatory 3.5 years.

Let me preface my thoughts by saying he's a dumbass. However, NFL players are frequently targeted by criminals. Darrent Williams of the Broncos was shot and killed about a year ago outside a club, Sean Taylor of the Redskins was killed during a home invasion almost exactly one year ago. And a few days ago Burress' teamate Steve Smith (not the former Ute) was robbed at gun point outside his home. Let me say that I don't think having a gun really helps in situations like this, but, I can see why players decide they want to have guns.

The problem is that all these people who want to pack heat to the club or rob an NFL player don't seem to see the difference between badass and dumbass.

3 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

See the post below.

Tue Dec 02, 06:49:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger jsl said...

I'm going to go take Mr. Burress off my fantasy team now...sweet.

Wed Dec 03, 09:29:00 AM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

I am torn.

How do I reconcile the gunshot with this?

I feel that video could be admissible in court for a pardon.

Wed Dec 03, 07:29:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home