Monday, May 12, 2008

"Not a quarter. Arr, he'll be dancin' for hours."


















The Simpsons 20 Questions game is pretty damn good.

I stumped it a few times with fairly obscure characters that nobody should bother to remember (Mr. Mitchell, for example), but the clutch Handsome Pete guess put a smile on my face.

Speaking of which: I am now up to Season 9 in my quest to rewatch all of the Simpsons episodes and despite popular opinion that the series suffered from a continual decline from Season 5 onward, I would argue that Season 8 is better than 7. I think part of what contributes to this misconception is that Sideshow Bob, who starred in some of the most classic episodes imaginable, is in some of the most abominable ones by the later seasons. "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" and "Brother From Another Series" look terrible when juxtaposed with "Cape Feare" and "Sideshow Bob Roberts" and contribute greatly to perception of the Simpsons fall from comedic grace.

In retrospect, I think it is the meta Itchy and Scratchy episodes which are my favorites. Particularly, Season 8's "The Itchie Scratchy and Poochie Show", which demonstrates that the even in its twilight, The Simpsons was always one step ahead of the game.

Now let's see if the 20 questions game can correctly guess Annual Gift Man.

2 Comments:

Blogger b r christensen said...

it got my "Mr. Burns' hounds" at 19 too. Stumped it with the Mad Max car.

Thu May 15, 03:44:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger M S Martinez said...

It didn't get Marge's romance novel either.

Wed May 21, 07:30:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home