Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Three up, two down.

Final verdict on our Fall 06' Freshmen class:

Heroes / The show keeps getting better, and I am loving the shameless homages, like Hiro and friend aping Rain Man. Tonally varied, but still manages to hang together.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip / Ever met one of those people that always talks about how hilarious they are, yet never makes you crack a smile? Show, don't tell.

30 Rock / Quirky, funny, and never takes itself seriously -- the antithesis of Studio 60 self-righteousness. Alec Baldwin is a comedic god.

The Nine / All things considered, the pilot was pretty good, but it failed to answer the single most pressing question: why should I care?

Dexter / Michael C. Hall is the greatest television actor, well, ever. (Although truth be told, the show is a bit gory for my tastes!)

3 Comments:

Blogger M S Martinez said...

I watch The Nine for the first time last night. I thought it was actually okay. I think it's just going for a very different audience. (I.e. it's not for our demographic.)

If you watch it as being a Lost for our parents generation it makes more sense.

Thu Oct 19, 10:56:00 AM GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've watched all three nine episodes, although the last two have been half-assed viewings, i think it's okay. if it wasn't on right after lost i probably wouldn't bother, but to me it's fine to have on while i'm doing dishes or whatever. last night's episode was pretty good.

Thu Oct 19, 12:33:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

you are probably on to something there mark, but honestly, the events that happened in the bank are just not interesting enough to hold my attention for a season, let alone seasons.

Thu Oct 19, 04:45:00 PM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home