Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sights and sounds

The following are some of my favorite quotes and pictures of random people from what I saw of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night. There just isn't much more I can say about it.

My dad was like so many of your dads. He worked hard. He lifted heavy things.
--Mike Huckabee
I'm a republican because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me.
--Mike Huckabee
China is acting like Adam Smith on steroids.
--Mitt Romney
You can fit more than 250 states the size of Delaware within the borders of Alaska.
--Linda Lingle, Governor of Hawaii

3 Comments:

Blogger d l wright said...

Too many hypocrisies to count.

Perhaps the most galling was the repeated demeaning of "community organizers" in a convention ostensibly devoted to service.

The Daily Show was pretty amazing last night.

Thu Sep 04, 03:44:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger d l wright said...

You also missed Romney somehow claiming without breaking into fits of laughter:

"We need change all right! Change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington.”

Further proof he must spend most of his days in some sort of Lazarus chamber.

Thu Sep 04, 03:46:00 PM GMT-7  
Blogger B S Goldsmith said...

Totally. I almost included a quote that, if memory serves, came right after that bit you quoted of Romney. He said something like, "There are some things we DON'T want to change: freedom, prosperity, and opportunity!"

Pretty deep stuff.

Fri Sep 05, 07:43:00 AM GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home